The Engineering Technologist supports the company engineering function with thorough, practical engineering in a timely manner.
- Develops product designs that fit the requirements laid out for a specific project. Supports the design process within the company by performing appropriate analysis where such analysis is needed.
- Provides engineering support for the pneumatic and electrical systems needed for our trailer product lines. This will include pneumatic systems for air brake and air suspensions used on all Lode King trailers.
- Learns and maintains a strong working knowledge of Transport Canada regulations and rules that impact the company’s product lines, as well as provincial and state laws and regulations in use in our industry.
- Prepares CAD models and drawings of assigned products and/or projects using the hardware and software tools provided by the company. Follows company systems for controlling design information, such as Engineering Change Orders (ECO), engineering reports, and In Process Engineering Change (IPEC) documents.
- Works diligently to maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s product lines, designs and features based on existing information. Applies this knowledge to assigned projects. Works to develop and maintain a base of knowledge from experience and feedback from dealers and customers related to product designs. Works diligently to learn about industry standards and practices and then maintains currency in this area.
- Provides support to maintain the company ISO9001 quality system as requested by the Director of Engineering.
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering program and eligible for APEGM registration or a Diploma in Engineering Technology and a certified technologist (CET) through Certified Technicians and Technology Association of Manitoba (CTTAM).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the engineering field is preferred. Experience in the trailer or heavy truck industry is an asset.
- A strong understanding of welding characteristics and design details required.
- Proficient in the use of Solid Works CAD an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Motivated self-started with a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturing background an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.