on , in by
The Shot Blaster position is responsible for preparing trailers for priming and painting by using abrasive blasting equipment. This job relies on manual labour and is physically demanding, often very dusty and has very high noise levels.
- Prepares the interior and exterior surfaces of each trailer for coating by removing rust, weld slag, scale or other foreign contaminants by directing the steel shot from hand held blast nozzles
- Uses compressed air to remove grit and dust after blasting
- Maintains equipment and replenishes the shot supply
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Previous blasting experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- You must have good hand-eye coordination and the ability to perform quality workmanship
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Must be able to regularly lift 25-50 lbs; work in a fast paced environment
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks, high physical activity
- Regularly possess manual dexterity, ability to bend, kneel, stoop, stand, reach, climb and twist
- Wears required PPE, including blasting helmet
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.