This position supports the company engineering function with thorough, practical engineering in a timely manner.
• Develops product designs that fit the requirements laid out for a specific project. Supports the design process within the company by performing appropriate analysis where such analysis is needed.
• Provides engineering support for the pneumatic and electrical systems needed for our trailer product lines. This will include pneumatic systems for air brake and air suspensions used on all Lode King trailers.
• Several diagnostic and test pieces of equipment in the plant require specialized software to function. This person will learn the operation and function of these pieces of equipment as well as the software and be able to load and install updates when the equipment manufacturer provides them.
• Provide engineering support for the electrical systems used on all Lode King trailers. This includes preparing engineering drawings and documents that support this function. A basic understanding of 12-volt DC power systems is needed to facilitate this support activity.
• Prepares CAD models and drawings of assigned products and/or projects using the hardware and software tools provided by the company. Follows company systems for controlling design information, such as Engineering Change Orders (ECO), engineering reports, and In Process Engineering Change (IPEC) documents.
• Works diligently to maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s product lines, designs and features based on existing information. Applies this knowledge to assigned projects. Works to develop and maintain a base of knowledge from experience and feedback from dealers and customers related to product designs. Works diligently to learn about industry standards and practices and then maintains currency in this area.
• Diploma in engineering technology from a recognized technical Institute.
• Certified technologist (CET) through Certified Technicians and Technology Association of Manitoba (CTTAM).
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the engineering field is preferred. Experience in the trailer or heavy truck industry is an asset.
• A strong understanding of welding characteristics and design details required.
• Proficient in the use of Solid Works CAD an asset.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Motivated self-started with a high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Manufacturing background an asset
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.