Health & Safety Advisor
The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for making recommendations on preventative or corrective safety measures taking into account legislative requirements. Promotes and communicates safety practices, policies and procedures to employees in a positive manner.
- The Safety Advisor will assist in correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- Assist in Emergency response to incidents, including initial hazard control and assessment of the scene and providing first aid, etc.
- Assist in Investigation of Incidents that have occurred within a timely manner, including assessment of the incident, hazard identification, exposure assessment and controls.
- Administer and track the weekly inspection reports, follow up with any non-conformance and issues. (Departmental, Crane, Rigging, Forklift, etc)
- Assist in the review and creation of the company’s Job Hazard Analysis, Safe Work Procedures and Risk assessments.
- Conduct plant inspections, both formal and informal, for potential hazards, identify those potential hazards, assess the risks through risk assessment and report potential hazards.
- Conducting safety training including both formal classroom training as well as hands on practical training. This may include but is not limited to forklift training, crane training, WHIMIS training, etc.
- Administrative tasks: keep records of daily activities including inspection reports, and incident investigations, maintains safety training records and maintain reference materials.
- Other duties as required
- Occupational Safety and Health experience and/or post-secondary education with Health and Safety Professional (HSP) designation an asset.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills along with demonstrated experience.
- Thorough knowledge of both Federal and Provincial legislation, safety practices and compliance matters.
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Well developed time management skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings and training programs.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.