Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position supports the company engineering function with thorough, practical engineering in a timely manner.
- Product design and development, from concept and design through to production, including existing products and process enhancements.
- Evaluate products, parts or processes for cost efficiency, reliability and suitability for fabrication in our facility.
- Ensures compliance to applicable Transport Canada regulations and rules as well as provincial and state laws and regulations in use in our industry.
- Performs structural analysis to verify structural integrity of products.
- Adheres to company ISO 9001 quality systems for control of engineering documentation such as Engineered drawings, Bills of Material (BOM), Engineering Change Orders (ECO), in-process Engineering changes (IPEC)
- Prepare design reports in support of assigned projects.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials and mechanics and employs sound technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to train and develop junior technical staff when required.
- A strong understanding of welding characteristics and design details is needed.
- Proficient in the use of Solid Works CAD and FEA systems an asset.
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering program
- Eligibility for registration with EGM
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of product design would be an asset.
- Experience in the trailer or heavy truck industry is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Manufacturing background an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.